December 23, 2010

Week 4, Day 5: Need


What's done is done.

I probably left someone off the Christmas card list; the shirt I bought for my nephew will probably not fit. Chances are I didn't make enough cookies for the weekend, and I certainly could have bought another gift for my mom. I scratched off the list completely my plan to make homemade caramel corn.

At some point, we just have to stop. We have to accept our limits.

Earlier in the week I wrote about my desire to be better, to expand the Advent longing for Jesus to include my desire to be whole when He comes. Today, however, I am meditating on the fact that I am not better, I can't do everything, and if it weren't for Jesus, my life would have no hope.

Advent doesn't make sense for perfect people with perfect lives. If I had everything I wanted and my life always went as I planned, there would be nothing to long for, no one to expect. But to a woman like me, a human one, full of limits and sin, Advent is all about looking to Jesus, the one who knows my weaknesses and still came to die for me.

I need Jesus. And there's no better time of the year to be reminded of that.

::


::

More Advent Links . . .

Jennifer Lee's Season of Good Intentions @ thehighcalling.org

Ann Kroeker's Intertwining Lives




I'm also joining Bonnie Gray's Faith Barista Jam: Unwrapping Jesus. For more posts, please click on the button below.

2 comments:

Glynn said...

We all hit that wall -- we all have limits.

Thanks for the cite here, Charity. I'm honored.

Bonnie Gray said...

"At some point, we just have to stop. We have to accept our limits."

Dear Charity, what a wonderful place to land the day after Christmas! Thank you for sharing this in the jam and being a part of this special week in my thoughts.

My God bless you and your words, as you continue to encourage us with your journey. Merry Christmas... I can see you did have one! :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails