January 10, 2012

Stay In This . . . Uncertainty

This weekend, I was waiting on news. The mind crushing, soul bruising waiting that happens when the outcome is uncertain. I feared -- no, expected -- the worst.

In between the moments of panic when I was nearly undone, I found solace in this: casting my cares on the Lord and surrounding myself with beauty.


 At times my heart nearly stopped, consumed as I was with the things I couldn't know yet.


But in the off moments, I laughed hard and breathed deep and clung to the people who gathered around me.


This time, the news came back good. I was flooded with relief.


Next time, the Lord will still receive my cares, the beauty will continue to shine, and my soul will be filled, whether in joy or grief, by the mercy of friends and family who walk with me.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails